Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Topic #5: Dating

UPDATED: Hello all! We were having some technical difficulties so we had to repost this topic. We copyed in the comment that was already posted from before. So hopefully this will work! Proceed as planned!

Here's an interesting topic: Dating. So what is everyones thoughts on it, in general? And for those who need a little more guidance (like me!:P) here's some questions to anwser.

What age should one begin to date?
What are the boundaires in a relationship?
What are the boundaires in a deep committed relationship?
Should Christ followers date non-believers?
What does the Bible have to say about all this?

Happy discussing! We're greatful for all the requests, keep it up! Click on the picture that says "Requests" to, you guessed it, request a new topic.

P.S. Also have a look at the prayer room if you haven't already!

6 comments:

The Scotsman said...

No posts so far... hm, considering it was my vote that got this topic up, maybe I should apologize. XP

Lots of questions; good questions. and pretty situational answers. Also, this is actually a really complicated topic. It will take a lot of discussion! I hope all of you are not afraid to discuss.

Maybe before we tackle the questions (of which I am quite willing and ready to do), it would be great if everyone shared briefly an answer to this question:

What does the term 'dating' mean to you?

This is actually a really good place to start, trust me. :)

P.S. This topic is one I feel strongly about and have some strong opinions on. Some of the time I may come off as a little harsh but that is because I am trying to give a frank statement on the reality of things. Just to forewarn you.

Destiny Diddlesworth said...

To me, dating means, having a close relationship with someone of the other gender.

Sunny Smith said...

I went to trusty dictionary.com and here's what I came up with:

a social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person: to go out on a date on Saturday night.

In this regard, you're going with someone of the opposite sex, because you're attracted romanticly to them.

Anonymous said...

hey, it's sam

I would say that dating is just two people uhhh.. going out?
exclusively, or nonexclusively
doesn't matter.

I just think that, in all you do, acknowledge Him. You were bought at a price. You are not your own.
So if you date, (uhmm i would start off with a Christian at least), but more importantly ask God if it's His will that you pursue a relationship with that person.
It doesn't matter if they're the greatest most agreeable amazing Christian that you've ever connected with, if it's not God's will.
Timing is also key.
ours may not always be the Spirit's.

Sunny Smith said...

This is off topic but extremly important:

Some of the comments posted are not showing up! I don't know how to fix this, but I'm looking into it. If this happens to you, all I can suggest is to comment again and pray it works.

Sunny Smith said...

Alright I think we've established what dating is and don't really have any major differences so lets move on to the questions posted:)